Here is another tasty Thai inspired recipe which is fast and super easy to prepare even for people who don’t have the time to cook their dinner. 😋 Quick and easy, lime chicken with rice is a delicious dinner idea that you can make in just 20 minutes. It can be garnished with avocado, broccoli, spinach and edamame. It is not only a quick meal but also a healthy dinner idea. 🍛
- 400 g boneless and skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp sweet red pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ lime, juice and zest
- 1½ tsp ground dried cilantro
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- cooked rice (I use jasmine rice)
Watch the video below for better understanding of the preparation instructions.
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Lower the heat to medium and add 400 g chopped boneless and skinless chicken breasts.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and cook.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet when ready.
- In the same skillet add 1 tbsp cornstarch and ½ cup chicken broth. While stirring, cook it for a minute.
- Add the already cooked chicken back in the skillet.
- Add 2 tsp sweet red pepper, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1½ tsp ground dried cilantro and juice and zest from ½ lime. Mix well and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and serve with rice. Garnish with lime, spinach and avocado.