Another really easy and quick salad recipe! Me and my fiancé recently spent nearly a month in Thailand and fell in love with their food 🥰. I would definitely label this one as a Thai inspired recipe (so it could be a bit too spicy, you might want to decrease chilly and pepper quantities! 🔥). This rice noodle salad takes only 15 minutes to prepare (including the preparation of the rice noodles 🍜).
- 125 g rice noodles
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups purple cabbage, diced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 cup edamame, shelled
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced
- 1 tsp sesame seeds for topping
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp lime juice (or the juice from half a lime)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp red chili flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook the rice noodles per package directions. Strain, add 2 tbsp sesame oil and leave noodles to cool for 5 min.
- Prepare the dressing by adding 1 tbsp sesame oil, 2 tbsp lime juice (or the juice from half a lime), 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp honey, ½ tsp red chili flakes, ¼ tsp black pepper, ground and ½ tsp salt in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- In a bigger bowl mix the rice noodles, 2 cups purple cabbage, diced, 1 carrot, shredded, 1 cup edamame, shelled and 1 cup cucumber, sliced.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with 1 tsp sesame seeds.