Looking for a simple, healthy, and delicious meal? Try this Baked Hake Fish Fillets with Chickpeas recipe! With just a can of chickpeas, fish fillets, and a mix of spices, this dish is both easy to make and packed with flavor. Plus, it can be ready in under 40 minutes! 😍
The hake fish fillets pair perfectly with the tender chickpeas, which are coated in a flavorful mix of spices. This dish is a great source of protein and nutrients, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
So, if you’re short on time but don’t want to sacrifice taste or nutrition, give this Baked Hake Fish Fillets with Chickpeas recipe a try. Your taste buds (and your body) will thank you!
- 4 fillets hake fish (or other white fish)
- 1 tin (400g) drained and rinsed chickpeas
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- ½ lemon for garnish (optional)
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp universal seasoning
- 1 tbsp ground sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground Cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (430°F). Line a baking pan with parchment paper and drizzle it with 2 tbsp vegetable oil.
- Mix all the seasoning ingredients (1 tbsp universal seasoning, 1 tbsp ground sweet paprika, 1 tsp ground Cayenne pepper, ¼ tsp cumin, ¼ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp curry powder) in a small bowl.
- Pour 1 tin (400g) drained and rinsed chickpeas into the baking pan and sprinkle ¾ of the seasoning mix over them (leave the other ¼ of it for seasoning the hake fish). Toss to coat the chickpeas.
- Put the pan with chickpeas in the oven for about 20 mins.
- When the chickpeas are ready, put them in a bowl aside.
- Wash the hake fish fillets with cold water and dry them with a kitchen paper towel.
- Put the fish fillets over the same parchment paper (because it now has seasoning over it).
- Drizzle 2 tbsp vegetable oil over the fish and season with black pepper and the remaining seasoning mix.
- Put in the oven for about 15 mins.
- Serve the fish and chickpeas together garnished with lemon and fresh parsley.