This is one of my favourite dinner recipes as it takes only 30 mins to prepare and has an amazing taste! 🥰. You can serve it over rice, noodles, vermicelli, or with a salad if you prefer a lower carb option. My fiancé loves this recipe and each time I ask him “Cashew chicken for dinner?”, I receive a big “YES” as an answer. 😂
It is definitely a must try recipe for those who want to prepare a delicious dinner, but don’t have much time and energy after coming home from work. 😋
- 500 g chicken filets, cut into small pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 100 g raw cashew nuts
- ½ tsp black pepper, ground
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup light soy sauce (if you are using normal soy sauce, cut the quantity in half as it could be too salty)
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Heat 2 tbsp vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add 500 g chicken filets, cut into small pieces. Season with ½ tsp ground black pepper.
- Whisk together ½ cup chicken stock, ¼ cup light soy sauce, ¼ cup Hoisin sauce, 1 tbsp brown sugar and 1 tbsp sesame oil into a small bowl.
- When the chicken is almost ready, stir in 100 g raw cashew nuts and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the sauce and cook until thickened while stirring occasionally.
- Serve over vermicelli, rice or rice noodles. Garnish with sesame seeds.